1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Conrad Bain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 16, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Geez, yeah. I still can't pull myself away from Three's Company when I stumble across it. However, I don't know that I'd put it in the "kid comedy" section of the store.

Versatile needs to do a top-20 ranking of sitcoms from 1975-1990.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Versatile is younger than I am. I don't think you're really in his wheelhouse with those years.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watched Three's Company religiously as a kid and most of the references just soared over my head... I still loved it...

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Which plot device was used more often, Gilligan screwing up a potential escape from "Gilligan's Island" or a MASSIVE misunderstanding about who is having sex with whom on "Three's Company?"

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Yep. I look at it now and am amazed my parents let me watch it.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

My ultra religous grandparents loved Three's Company, not sure if they got any of the jokes or not.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP Mr. Bain. Loved you in both Maude and Dif'rent Strokes. I look at this list and it really dawns on me how young many of our posters are.

8. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Push

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stanley really needed to go yard on Helen more often.

Draft saved Draft deleted