1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Charles Hickson, famed UFO abductee (or so he claimed)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Claimed he and his fishing buddy were abducted from their boat off the coast of Mississippi in 1973. Got a lot of national attention at the time, and his remains one of the more famous "abduction" stories among UFO buffs.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2011/09/charles_hickson_ufo_abductee_w.html

My dad was on the local sheriff's department when this happened, but was off that night. I believe Hickson was the first person to ever claim he experienced an "anal probing" by aliens, which has become a punchline of all such stories.

I think the other guy in the story wound up institutionalized, but Hickson always stuck to his story. He even passed two lie detector tests.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah, I read some kind of UFO book when I was in junior high school (1970-73 or so) that detailed episodes of "sexual probing" by the aliens.

It was supposed to be a very serious book -- a paperback 400-500 pages thick -- and most of it was technical/analytical, but it went into details (not Penthouse style but coldly descriptive) on the sexual interests of the aliens, speculating they were attempting to breed some kind of hybrid race with humans.

Maybe Hickson read the same book.

Draft saved Draft deleted