1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Casey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Y - my condolences. Having had to put 5 dogs down in my lifetime, I know how hard it can be. It never leaves you. As said as it is, I cannot think of going through life without dogs.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hear that - but I often think I'm done when my current two and my granddog are done. I'm getting too old. It just gets so much harder every time. I really don't know if I have it in me to go through it again.

Rare day home today, I spent the whole day throwing the "ballie" and "stickie" to Ella.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

All the best, YGBFKM. Can't imagine the pain ... take care.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Sympathies from the deepest part of my heart. I lost my boxed on Dec. 31 2009 when a cancerous tumor erupted in his stomach. The worst day of my life. I truly feel your pain.
    Remember two things: there will be a day where you see Casey again at the Rainbow Bridge; and, to quote Will Rogers, "If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went."

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Y. RIP Casey.

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Damn, sorry about that, Y. RIP Casey.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You won't forget today, but you'll remember the last 14 years more.

Casey knew her daddy was there for her to the end.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry. I am out of the country now, and honestly, one of my biggest fears is that something happens to my old pound dog while I'm gone.

It's sad to lose someone who gives you unconditional love in exchange for the occasional cookie.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I tear up every time I click on this thread, but I needed the support.

10. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I know exactly how you feel, I lost my 12-year-old golden retriever last summer and it hurt like hell, still does everytime I think about him. It took almost two days of tears before I could even think about him without completly losing it. There's nothing anyone can say to you right now that will make it better, hang in there.

RIP Casey

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Putting down a dog is just an awful experience. I feel for you, YGBFKM, I really do.

The only time I had to do it, our dog had spent most of the last night of its life in horrible pain, barely lucid at all. Her veins and arteries were collapsing.

Because of that, the vet could not administer the lethal dose the "normal" way. They had to go in, Pulp Fiction-style, and plunge the syringe directly into her heart. Obviously, that didn't do much good for my well-being, as I was torn up enough about it as it was, and it was very painful to watch her suffer an indignant demise.

However, when they put her on the table after that ordeal, she very briefly became herself again as she waited to die. She managed to pick her head up and give me a last lick.

God did that tear me up, but I also felt some peace that I was there for her when she needed someone to be there for her ... even if it was to watch her die.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this. My roommate was tore up for a good bit after she put her 13-year-old dog down last fall, so I understand a little of what you're going through. Take care of yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted