1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 6, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And you still probably wouldn't get your wish.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What you call dumb I call prescient.

Please remember in this slobberfest that you are talking about a team that is four games under .500.

The Braves were 12-18 when I started this thread. This juggernaut of a team that none of you will put out of its misery is 35-33 since. WOW! The Marlins, who are 1½ games behind the Braves yet never talked about in terms of "wild card", are 37-31 since then. They will finish ahead of the Braves.

They were done then, they are done now.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

String of Braves' division titles is still intact.
    But the Mets, for all that's gone right with them this season, won't in my estimation make the Series.
    Team batting average will be what gets them, I think.
    They are collectively capable of big swoons at the plate.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Team On Base Percentage (.332) is tied for next-to-last in NL.
    Team BattAvg. is nothing spectacular at .262
    I think it will be White Sox vs. either Braves or Reds in the Series

5. TheSportsPredictor

Marlins win 2 of 3 vs. Braves and are a half-game behind. Time to start pimping them for the wild card!

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I would be more worried about the Mets' lackluster team on base percentage and batting average if they weren't LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RUNS SCORED. If Pedro's healthy, they have enough to reach the Series.

7. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Few things:

- Reds won win 80
    - Houston can still turn it around when Ensberg returns
    - Braves will NOT win the division (playoffs? not sure)
    - The NL West is perhaps the worst division in all of sports. Far worse than the NFC North.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Reds WILL in fact win at least 81 games. :D

And the AL West is just as bad as the NL West. The Mariners SUCK and they're in the race. The only thing that might save the AL West is if the Angels stay smoking hot and win the division with 88 wins.

9. TheSportsPredictor

If both those divisions are in the running for worst, where does that leave the NL East, with just one over-.500 team?

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

wrong. absolutely wrong. the angels are capable right now, of winning the world series. they win playoff series.

when last did an NL west team win shit? have they won a game in any round in the last couple years?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

One series since 2002, and they got their asses handed to them in the ALCS last year. And the AL West is also home of the A's, kings of losing the fifth game of the Division Series.

Anyway, TSP is right. The Mets get their asses handed to them by the Red Sox. Meanwhile, the Sox win three tight one-run games over the Royals. Mets = FRAUDS and the NL East blows.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with that. All of that. The Royals would contend for the wild card in the NL. I seriously believe that.

Draft saved Draft deleted