1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Brad Sullivan - "I know a good bar here, the Palm Isle"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

The memorably pervy Morris (Mo) Wanchuk of "Slap Shot" died of cancer on New Year's Eve. He was 77.

[​IMG]

Others may remember Brad from his other various roles, which included "Prince of Tides," "The Untouchables" and the TV series "I'll Fly Away."

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/nyc/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003927664

I am glad to have been able to speak with Brad prior to his death for my "Slap Shot" book. It's fascinating to me that Brad, a born-again Christian, took the role of Mo and was utterly convincing as a lecher despite misgivings brought about by his faith.

He told me he felt even at the time of filming that the whole thing was "blasphemous," and he continued to feel that way until the end of his life. But he was also proud of what he had brought to the character and to the movie. To me, it's the mark of a very, very talented actor.

See you at the Palm Isle, Mo. Save me some snatch by the pool. 8)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

noooooo

You make me sick when you speak, Morris....

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

he did play a priest in "Sister Act"

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

not exactly how he'll be remembered...

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

He played a holy man a number of times, roles more suited to his real persona.

But when you're an actor with deep religious convictions and you can play a comical pervert so convincingly that even your fellow actors think you're a real-life degenerate, well, you've got talent.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

"Nipples, hard as little rocks..."

Classic stuff.

RIP.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Get me Frank Rizzo!

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

RIP: hope he's enjoying all that Florida snatch in heaven.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Rest in peace, and call a massage parlor (parlour?) before you go

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He likes a higher cut in the thigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted