1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Boris Yeltsin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Apr 23, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

RIP to a guy who, by the end of his time in power, made GWB's popularity numbers look positively glowing.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a creative reading of fairly recent history. Were you out of Pampers at that point?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I thought this guy died five years ago. Swear to God.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

My memory of Yelstin was when he came to my hometown for the G7-G8 summit. He was the talk of the summit and quite a friendly man. He could bust a move too, but I wonder if it was the vodka.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stoli and Finlandia stock just dropped through the basement.

RIP.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

With all that's taken place in Russia of late, I wouldn't be surprised to see conspiracy theories pop up all over creation.

I was a senior in high school when I first read the name Boris Yeltsin. After reading an article about the guy in a copy of Newsweek, I wrote a report on him for the class. At that time, he was all the rage, but he was not yet a world leader. I thought I was pretty great for predicting his rise to power. I thouight I understood Russian politics. Today, nearly 20 years later, I must admit that I don't have the slightest understanding of that country's inner workings. Here's to hoping that someone else comes along and gives the country hope, even if that person is pushed out like Yeltsin was.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only reason I knew he was still alive is because when people started doing dead pools in December, Yeltsin was one of the 10 listed who you can't pick (since it was widely assumed he would die this year...)

RIP...

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeltsin vs Sir John A. in a winner-take-all drinking match?

That would be up there with Rumble in the Jungle.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They won't have to embalm him.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

STOP TRASH-TALKING MY DISTANT RELATIVE, JR!!!

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Moving up the charts ...

[​IMG]

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, considering how big of a loser he is, and his family history, Ted Kennedy is flying under God's radar...

Draft saved Draft deleted