1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Bob Dukiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 31, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

See the news happen ....

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=892&dat=19860706&id=XpsOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MoEDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7212,899355

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

What we had here is a "failure to communicate":

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=_dcVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=sxIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3774,5324897

3. The Sentinel used to be a nice paper.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Briefly went to high school with Tony Smith. Good guy who carved out a surprisingly long NBA career as a backup guard.

I delivered the Sentinel back in the day. I'd pop my papers on a wagon and roll around my route in extreme eastern Wauwatosa.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So Majerus had left to take an assistant's job with the Bucks? I thought he had gone directly from Marquette to Utah.

6. Bubbler

He went from the Bucks to Ball State to Utah.

His success at Ball State revived his career, which was moribund after he didn't win at Marquette.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

This was in between Doc Rivers and Dwyane Wade, in terms of Marquette talent?

The players named in that story ... were they any good?

8. Uh, no.

9. Bubbler

Damn you for slagging Tony Smith! Tosa East represent!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not to minimize your concerns any, but how the heck did you find out about this thread to comment on it almost two years later?

11. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Who did who in the what now?

12. Maryanne

Maryanne New Member

Hey old_tony, Fenian_Basta and Shockey...did you even know my cousin Bobby personally? Of course you didn't or you would never had made such degrading posts just days after is death. He was not a "strange" or "odd" man, he was not a "Mama's boy", he certainly didn't get hired for his "piano playing" (what a ridiculous statement!) and was NEVER a "nobody". As for the nameless "wacky" girl who supposedly has "tales" to tell about Bobby, let's hear them! My cousin was a kind, honorable and generous man. To those who thought it necessary to make such mean-spirited posts just days after his death...SHAME ON YOU.

Maryanne Calleja

Draft saved Draft deleted