1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Bill Nichols

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 15, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

First Cavs beat writer for The Plain Dealer passed away over the weekend. Followed that up by covering the small colleges in the area until he retired. Also taught PR and journalism classes at local colleges, including one I took. I remember him saying, "All I need is a two-foot-by-two-foot space to work in. Just give me that." when talking about what he wanted from a press box. Also worked as an official scorer at Indians game after retiring from The PD:

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/06/bill_nichols_the_plain_dealers.html

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jesus, I thought this was going to be about Bill Nichols from the Dallas Morning News.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ditto

4. Same here. Thankfully, it wasn't. Although I am sorry about the PD Bill's passing.

5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

ditto again.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps the author of the thread should edit the title to include the PD reference.

Draft saved Draft deleted