1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Bernie Mac

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Aug 9, 2008.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

http://www.suntimes.com/news/1099622,xmac080908.article

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I had heard he was in the hospital. Wow. Only 50. Too bad.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

damn! RIP

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Boy, just be yourself.

If people don't like you for being yourself... FUCK 'EM!

Let me tell you something. I scored with a girl when I was about your age. I try to please her peppa all the time; wen' out my *way* to please her peppa.

I came in one day, I said, "Nice weather we having." He said, "You can't say that. You can't say that; it might rain."

I said, "Nice tie you got on." "You can't say that; wife try to choke me with it."

Point I'm trying to tell you, son, is be yourself. People who don't like ya for being yourself... FUCK 'EM! FUCK 'EM against the wall, with handcuffs on and crises on their lips!

5. Horrible news. One of my favorite comedians.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I guess heaven needed a chain-smoking security guard.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy crap. I saw he had been hospitalized, but never thought it was this serious.

The absolute funniest part of the Original Kings of Comedy.

8. Funnier by a mile, IJAG.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Loved him in Bad Santa. His show was pretty damn funny too. RIP.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm totally stunned by this. I was aware he was in the hospital. I seconded that about him being the funniest part of Kings of Comedy.

RIP to a great comedian who can make me laugh out loud anytime I hear his voice.

11. SportySpice

SportySpice Member

Wow...I didn't even know he was hospitalized. That's too bad. I really liked his work.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I called to tell my dad, because he loved the Bernie Mac show. He wasn't there, so I told my mom, who was stunned.

I then said the key thing, I think: He was one of the few guys who could get a network show and not be lame. I mean, it was a family show...but he was still Bernie Mac, you know? He didn't just meander around doing a lamer Bill Cosby. It was a good show.

This sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted