1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Bam Bam Bigelow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tommyp, Jan 19, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Solsbury Hill in a Cell.

Anyhoo, I remember seeing Bam Bam when I was younger (and I once had a boss who was strangely fascinated by him). Always had the feeling he didn't quite have the chops to be the standard bearer like Hogan or Austin, but the flamehead tattoos were cool. R.I.P.

2. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

First time I saw Bigs he was on a clip on George Micheal's Sports Machine. I was a total mark and thought he was so cool. I think the clip was from his Memphis stint.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have a Mr. Ric Flair on the phone ... he says he's almost 58 years old and still wrestling. Should I start a thread, or will you do it? It was your idea after all.

:D

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Not only that, but think of the painkillers and uppers those guys have to take to be able to wrestle 3-4 times a week in different cities. Plus, you've got to imagine a good number of them are on steroids. Even if they aren't on anything, just all those collisions have to hurt the body.
    Someone said this after Eddy Guerrero died...there's a great story to be done on how much abuse these guys put their bodies through. Someone's going to connect the dots and nail Vince McMahon with all that.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Nail McMahon for what? Paying these guys big-time money to perform? These guys know all the risks involved and participate willingly. If they can't hack it, they shouldn't be doing it. Like most young people, these wrestlers are living in the moment, and are willing to pay the piper down the road for their drug use and abuse.

I dislike McMahon as much as everyone else. But to pin this all on him is disingenuous. There was a drug culture in wrestling before McMahon, and there will be after he's gone.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That's too bad. I remember watching Bam Bam 20 years ago and playing him on the video game.

RIP.

And MysterMeat, stop posting pictures of Bill Parcels.

Draft saved Draft deleted