1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Arlen Specter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You should have called him a champ.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

A moderate Republican? In which life?

The guy was stench, exhibit A as to what is wrong with politics these days - a career politician who hung on forever and won elections based on his name and his power base and not because he actually was good at his job.

He was a Democrat - until it was politically favorable to be a Republican -- and then when it became cool to be a Democrat again, he switched back....

His "guiding principle" was always clear - do what helps the re-election cause.

What a fraud.

I am sorry anyone is dead but that doesn't change history and who he truly was.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I can't think of another U.S. Senator more impersonated by would-be radio entertainers than Arlen Specter.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I also saw those shows. Every single Secret Service agent who was on the scene heard three shots, from behind, and are convinced LHO was the lone assasin. The blood/spray pattern they saw/experienced also illustrated the shots came from behind. They did not look like the kind of people who lied about what they saw.

And the "magic bullet" re-inactment was hardly a controlled experiment. Looked to me to be almost a perfect duplication of the assasination. And it showed the one bullet could easily inflict the wounds to Kennedy and Connolly.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

The left hander Bob Dole?

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

You could be right. Senator Specter's voice was one of a kind, though.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know that I've ever heard someone try to impersonate a senator on a radio show.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Edgar Bergen and Joe McCarthy Show was widly popular back in the day ...

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

ha. he has to work his way up to champ. ; )

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

What an outrageous scam that was! "I'm a ventriloquist and I'm going to do my act on a radio show. Good luck seeing whether my lips move or not, suckers!"

Draft saved Draft deleted