1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Amy Winehouse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

What a voice:

2. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Oh, spare me. If her father finds out by reading it on SportsJournalists.com, then I'll apologize.

Get real.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The "rest of us" implies music fans, obviously.

Anyway, between this and the Hines Ward thread, it is awfully difficult to share a message board with so many morally superior human beings.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Some of us have watched people fight for every last wisp of life. No tears for someone who so flagrantly pisses theirs away.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

At least she died doing what she loved.

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Look in the mirror much, "Dick."

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Somebody like this dies, I'm not really shocked, but I guess I always hold out hope they're going to clean up and be OK, the way, say, Steve Earle did. It is sad, even when self-inflicted. And as noted above, it's a loss for all of us. I really enjoyed her singing.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Dammit! Is it my turn to write the Official SportsJournalists.com Statement of Condolence?

In all seriousness, it's sad that she's dead, but no real surprise based on how she lived her life. Then again, considering what the people of Norway had to go through yesterday, it's unfortunate that we're spending this much time on someone who destroyed herself.

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

This.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Re: Amy Winehouse dead

73? That was a one-pointer.

11. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I feel sorry for her family. They are the ones left to grieve.

I do not feel sorry for her. She chose drugs. It is not a disease. You choose to start at some point knowing full well what it can do. Diseases, like cancer, you don't choose to have. Well unless it is skin cancer and you are someone who sun tanned all day every day for 10 years.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

She looked well three days ago:

Draft saved Draft deleted