1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Amanda Peterson, the hot chick in "Can't Buy Me Love"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Sounds like Amanda had a rough time over the past 15 years...

The search into the death of beloved 80's film star Amanda Peterson has revealed a troubled past.

The "Can't Buy Me Love" actress, who was found dead Sunday at age 43, was arrested several times in her hometown of Greeley, Colorado over the past two decades, the Daily News has learned.

Amanda Peterson’s fame faded by drugs, fights, jail time - NY Daily News

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jesus. What a slide. Those photos look awful.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The last booking photo makes her look like a guy.

I'd imagine ending an acting career is very much like an athlete ending their career. They're on this huge peak of heir life, and nothing they do will ever match that peak.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought the sleep apnea stuff sounded like bullshit, and I'll take this story as probable confirmation. Plenty other problems were far more likely responsible for this death. Very sad to hear what became of her.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Mother says in no way was this drug-related.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Loved her. L-O-V-E-D her. Had a certain natural, fresh-faced yet vulnerable beauty that you don't see out of packaged-from-birth Hollywood starlets these days. Nobody today could play that role as believably as she did. Always figured she left the biz b/c she'd avoided the pitfalls that sucked up everyone else, but apparently not. Sad.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its not a shock that it took Cindy Fucking Mancini to rattle BYH out of his slumber.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Even more difficult for those who top out in their teens. Pretty tough when you're greatest professional accomplishments in life occur while most every one else is still working their way through high school. And it leaves a long, long block of time for one to slip and fall from their pedestal. All downhill from here truly fits these types.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Now what do we have to do to keep him awake?

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Yeah, according to the video from the cast reunion, she was 15 when she made the movie. Seriously, that's a tough age to peak at.

(As a side note, there should be some sort of warning that goes with a movie like that. Like, "The actress you're ogling is actually a teenager and not some 25-year-old playing one.")

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

15?

Holy shit.

15?

I started to do the math when I saw she was only 43.

I'm pretty sure I didn't see that movie til the 90s. I may even have been close to 18 or older. No wonder there was no tit shots other than the slutty friend.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I imagine acting is tougher. Figure when you are done in sports, you know you're done. No team wants to hire you. In the acting world, even popular, highly-visible supporting actors can go two years or more without a gig when casting directors think they have been over-exposed or become too familiar for a specific role. You could be done or maybe a Tarantino or Coen is writing a script tailored for you if you hold on for six more months.
    I've always thought the best thing for someone with a modicum of success in the business (a tv series or something) was to put the cash in rental properties to keep income rolling in when things go cold.

Draft saved Draft deleted