1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, 90s one-hit wonder that you haven't thought of in roughly 13 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sister Hazel suffered from Hootie disease (speaking of other artists to fall off the face of the earth.)

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Darius Rucker is actually now a country singer. His last album had three No. 1 songs. So I wouldn't say he's fallen off the face of the earth ...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Don't think I don't think about Hootie...

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Yeah, I guess that's one way of putting it. That folksy rock type of music didn't last long.

But the cool thing is they can still charter a cruise ship for a three-day weekend for the Rock Boat and fill it to capacity with their fans within the first week of it going on sell (or sale, or in this case, sail?)

As a Hazelnut, I have to defend them, because really, they put on some of the best concerts around.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jennifer Paige would like to remind you to think that everything she does depends on you.

6. Some of you are really stretching the definition of one-hit wonder.

Barenaked Ladies? "Old Apartment," "If I Had a Million Dollars," and "Brian Wilson" were ubiquitous on my college campus in the 1990's. And I always thought "Old Apartment" wasn't a stalker song, but about how odd it is to visit a place with so many memories.

Better Than Ezra? I would say "Desperately Wanting," "Roselia," and "Queen of New Orleans" were fairly big hits, at least on rock radio.

There is a difference between having a signature song and being a one-hit wonder. The Rolling Stones still open with "Satisfaction" on some of their tours. The Who will probably toss "My Generation" into the playlist tonight.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Which CSI show is that the theme for?

8. I don't know. The next episode of CSI I watch will be the first.

Draft saved Draft deleted