1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 30 Rock, Community, Parks & Rec

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2012.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Comedy had its run on NBC, but NBC is what it is. A fourth-rate network that had its NFL and college basketball heyday long ago and shat both away.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FB, Sunday Night Football is the highest rated program on TV, so I think it's unfair to say NBC tossed away the NFL.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Madhavok, NBC also renewed Whitney, for some reason.

Anyway, fantastic news. Count me among those saying one more year, and only one more year, would be good for 30 Rock (great show that's starting to show its age) and Community (excellent show slowly crawling up its own ass).

Parks and Rec, though...long may you run.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Saying NBC is a fourth-rate network is a wild overstatement.

5. printit

printit Member

I would love to see someone, with no political or personal ax to grind, do a list of the top ten jerks in Hollywood. I get the impression Chase would be high up that list.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ahem. 8)

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good news on Parks and Rec. Surprising news on Whitney, but the show was getting better.

8. Mizzougrad96

Body of Proof and Scandal were renewed so that was good news.

9. Mizzougrad96

Deadline.com is saying Parks and Rec got a full 22 episode pickup. Up All Night got renewed as well.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank god.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Whitney is my No. 1 go-to show on the DVR each and every week. I am not ashamed of this.

Parks and Rec has been simply fantastic this season, what with the whole 'Bobby Newport' angle. That debate episode was amazing. Glad to see both shows get picked up. Shame I'm losing 'Awake' but since I still haven't watched the past three episodes, I probably won't notice much of a difference without it.

Also, can we get an updated thread title? I'd like P&R to be taken away from the letters 'RIP' for as long as possible. Thanks. :)

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but if you get a chance pick up the book "Top of the Rock"... it's written by former NBC entertainment prez Warren Littlefield and it's a great history of what Must See TV used to be like.

To think NBC used to stand for people like Littlefield, Brandon Tartikoff and Bob Wright. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted