1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ringtones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Feb 11, 2007.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I'm trying to see if there's a way to take mp3s from my computer and transfer them to my cell phone for ringtones. I'm also wondering if there's any free or cheap software that's easy top use and lets me edit down the songs, I've found a couple of Web sites for ringtone downloads, but they always start them in a wierd place (like the middle of the first verse).Anybody know how I can do this? Also, I just bought a cell phone and it's not one with itunes or anything like that.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've seen software that lets you do this for like 20 bucks. I can't think of any offhand, though. But they do exist.

3. Google "Ringtone Ripper"

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I used this one. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

http://xingtone.com/index.html

5. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Motorola Phone Tunes does what you want for Razr phones; about $25

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

One more question. Most of the places I found send them to your phone via text message. Since a whole file is being sent to the phone, how much would it cost when I sent it? Is there some sort of cable and program that would send it over automatically (kind of like itunes and an ipod)?

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Am I the only one with a cell phone that, you know, rings?

Hearing "Sexy Back" whenever I get a call won't make me pick up the damn thing any faster.

8. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

It will if Mandy's ringtone is "Sexy Back" and Taylor's is "Promiscuous Girl," if you really want to talk to Mandy.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Anybody other than grandpa over here have a real answer?

10. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Audacity is a freeware program for simple audio splicing.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

As for getting them to the phone, I guess that depends on your phone.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'd like to get the intro to "Kick Out The Jams" by the MC5 as my ringtone. ;)

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've posted this before, I'll post it again. Read and heed, people. I would be a spokesperson for this site if they'd let me.

http://mobile17.smashsworld.com/

Best site. Ever. Takes any song you have downloaded and turns it into a ringtone. You pick when in the song it starts, when it stops (max is 40 seconds) and they make it.

Free.

But if you want to pay like $1, it's done almost instantly. The free one took me about 20 minutes to get mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted