1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Righties, I know, I know. In war, soldiers die.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Righties, I know, I know. In war, soliders die.

OK, we toppled Saddam. So what? No strategic need, no strategic gain. Resources that could have been used to track actual terrorists as opposed to one of the dozens of cruel despots in the world have been pissed away.

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

PLease post source of someone stating it would require 10,000 soldier deaths to topple Saddam. I'd love to see it.

BTW - Iraq experienced about 12 9/11s in 2006. 36,000 dead Iraqis in one year. Oh, I know Saddam was worse but he was a tyrant.

we just opened the gates to bring Al Qaeda to Iraq. Better to have Iraqi civilians die, send the USA into further debt to the Chinese, see 3,000 of our soldiers die and have no end in sight to the civil war ... than to fight them over here.

Anyone heard of Osama lately? When are we invading PAkistan?

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Maybe that's the word Kellen Winslow Jr. was groping for.

4. Re: Righties, I know, I know. In war, soliders die.

BTW, if anyone has any good ideas on how to get out of Iraq please post them.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Which in a strange, twisted way, seems to fit this topic perfectly

6. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

BTW - many voices were raised BEFORE invading Iraq that it was a bad idea. Now, just like W's failures in his business and personal life - someone else is supposed to come in an fix his mess.

This is his legacy, his war of choice and his failure.

That said, the USA tells the Iraqi govt you've got six months. Get your military/police force up to speed. We're redeploying 40,000 troops on July 1. On Dec. 1, we're redeploying 40,000 more.

We will continue to advise and serve as backup for our colony, friends in the war of terror but we will not be there forever.

We are handing over our permanent bases. Let Freedom Ring.

of course, this would put pressure and the burden of responsibility on the Iraqis. However, it won't be done b/c W wants to pass this quagmire onto the next administration so the failure can be blamed on his successor.

Calling him a retard is an insult to the mentally handicapped.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So, here we go. We go from an inciting thread title, to arguments over who said what before the war to Bush's legacy.

You guys fucking kill me.

Oops, I said kill.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

There are no ideas here; only criticism.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You want ideas? Here's a couple:

1) Get the evil bastard who masterminded the murder of 3,000 innocent Americans on September 11, 2001. Here's a hint, just in case you forgot: He's running around the hills of Afghanistan.

2) Pull out of Iraq. Now.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yep, drop the guns and run for the border. That's the solution.

End of thread. It's been resolved.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What good are we doing there? At what point do the losses become too great? We've been in Iraq since 2002. It's a hub for every psychotic anti-American terrorist. Young men and women are being slaughtered and there's no hope that the situation will improve.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm sure there won't be any terrorists there once the troops drop their guns and sprint for the border.

Draft saved Draft deleted