1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riggins pounds current 'Skins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 16, 2009.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Most of WJFK's lineup is horrid, save the Junkies (who I like more because they're comfort-like junk food, not because I think their show is spectacular) and whomever happens to be doing the night show that day. Mike Wise is horrid, Dukes sounds like he's a 16-year-old stoner and LaVar has potential, he just sucks right now.

To get back on topic, Riggo rants would be far better for their middays than what they have now. The one or two times I heard his show, it was interesting.

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Riggo is a hilarious dude, but he was tough to listen to in the offseason. The problem with ex-jocks in the sports talk format is that you end up with guys droning on about sports that don't interest them and barely know anything about. Brian Mitchell and Riggins were pretty compelling when they're talking football, but I'd rather mow my lawn in the rain than listen to them talk about the NHL or golf.

I'd listen to the Junkies more if they were in a different time slot. They can drive you nuts with the "hurting hurting silly bitter horns hurting" routine, but they have a great chemistry together.

Draft saved Draft deleted