1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riggins pounds current 'Skins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Not sure if there's another thread on this, but I was watching it with mouth agape. Although I think what he's saying is right, I'm dumbfounded as to why he'd do it in the first place. It makes me have more and more respect for Barry Sanders, who just walked away and was never heard from again.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Riggo USED to work for Snyder. Doesn't work for him now.

Ax. To. Grind.

But he's dead on in his assessment of the team. I love Riggo. Once was in the FedEx press box bathroom taking a leak with Riggo on my left and Wilbon on my right. Weird.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I think my favorite part is: "You're out of your league, Jim. No offense to you, but I don't think you're going to grow into this job .... I don't think you could be an offensive coordinator right now."

Well, he did say "No offense."

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Saw this this morning and couldn't believe what I was hearing.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You guys are shocked by "lighen up, Sandy Baby?"

He speaks the truth, but I am more interested how he is getting his message across on Twitter and Youtube. The man has 70,000 hits.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It'd be funny if in the bye week Snyder dumps Zorn and hires Riggins to be head coach.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you have respect for Riggins? He told it the way it is. This team sucks from its fan boy owner to the freaking equipment staff. I can't believe that the team of my youth, the team of Sonny, Billy, Charley Taylor, Bobby Mitchell, Larry Brown, Joe Gibbs, Riggo, three super bowls with three quarterbacks, the Hogs, etc., has come down to the slop and dregs that they are.

Suck you know what and die Dan Snyder. You make a big deal about you were a lifelong fan in the Skins. Then do the right thing and walk the fuck away and let the grown-ups run the football team.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Doesn't Riggins do sports talk radio in Washington?

If you haven't heard some of the legends of John Riggins, take some time to start reading about him. The "Loosen up, Sandy Baby" is only the tip of the iceberg. The guy is a riot.

9. JackReacher

I think Riggo did radio on Danny's station, 980, but then got fired. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Raiders used to be good, too, but you don't see Marcus Allen pulling this crap. Again, I don't disagree with what he's saying, but I think he's kind of embarrassing himself here.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Not only that, I think he moved from New York to the DC area and got fired within weeks of the move.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

I miss Redskins Report. That no one will pick it up is a travesty.

Draft saved Draft deleted