1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rickey only thinks Rickey deserves attention from Rickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, May 9, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2865084

What a maroon.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rest assured I was on the Internet within minutes expressing my support for him throughout the world.

[​IMG]

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Hearing Ricky's voice while reading that article gave me a good laugh.

4. boots

boots New Member

Why is he a moron? Because he caught a foul ball and wouldn't give it up? Don't be a dick all of your life.
    Truth be told, Rickey could probably still help a club.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

How about telling Rickey not to be a dick all of his life? Not giving the ball to the kid is a dick move.

And a pretty good reflection of why he hasn't been able to land a gig. Sure, he can still help a team. And as sure as he can still help a team he's going to complain about his salary about 12 hours after he's signed it.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Boots, you telling someone not to be a dick is like Michael Jackson telling someone to respect little kids.

7. boots

boots New Member

Why, and give me an honest answer here, should he have given the kid the ball?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

If you even have to ask if he should have, Boots, you're as heartless (and self-centered) as Rickey is.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Because he's a gazillionaire who has been around baseball for 30-plus years? He's seen millions of balls (hey-o!!!).

Because it's a nice thing to do?

Because he's a grown fucking man and a little kid wanted it?

10. boots

boots New Member

If you were at the game, and you caught that foul ball, you would've given it to the kid? Be honest.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

In a heartbeat.
    If my kids are with me, it goes to them.

12. boots

boots New Member

I'm not talking about your kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted