1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Reilly -- What happened?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, May 27, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And what's with all the sponsorships?
    Listening to a ballgame on the radio - everything short of the manager scratching himself is sponsored.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Having to endure Harry Moskowitz's preening and the results of his diminished eyesight, in tandem with everything on Yankee radio broadcasts being sponsored with the possible exception of Joe's bowel movements . . . a horror show, for certain.

3. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

My thoughts exactly. I hadn't read a Reilly column in quite awhile. This was a terrible one to come back to.

4. printit

printit Member

thank you. That was the first thing I thought of but was too lazy to look it up.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

If America could recycle with the same consistency that Reilly does, landfills would be a thing of the past.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So what will be next, grunting in women's tennis or why (a) the All-Star Game or (b) the Olympics aren't as fun as they used to be?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Nope. After Tiger wins at The Greenbrier this week, it will be how he really is back.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The answer is in the SI archives.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I know one thing: If he shows up on set at Lytham later this month with Tirico, Strange, and Azinger....they might find Reilly's hollowed out corpse whipping across one of the tops of the flagsticks.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The deal with airline food. Covering the Olympics. A round of badly played golf.

There isn't enough THC around to make one of these columns funny.

11. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

As for Reilly's next column....

"Basketball: slow it down some, wouldya"

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Crashing press boxes, accompanied by unauthorized individuals"

Draft saved Draft deleted