1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richmond jobs update

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Mike's been pretty good (better than most) at providing updates when he has them. I'm sure that when he has something to report he'll let everyone know. Until then, YOU'RE HIRED!

2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

I so wanna know what the infamous signature was that's now been removed :'(

3. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Does anyone have any updates on what's going on with the prep opening here? Has it been filled or are interviews taking place?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No.
    Yes.
    Or so I'm told.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think the Moddy Pipeline's busted. Or so I'm told. :D

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I wasn't clear.

No - not filled.
    Yes - interviews.

Or so I'm told.

7. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Has this job been filled yet? Thought they wanted someone in by July 1.

8. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

We did. You can't always get what you want.
    I've made four hires thus far, have two more to make. They are on hold for a while. Not sure how long. I still plan to make them.
    Thanks to all who have expressed interest. I will continue to consider you interested unless you tell me otherwise.

9. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

I'm pleased to announce that Andee Sears is joining our staff next week as part of our high school team. We're rolling out prep pages on our Web site this weekend so she'll have plenty to keep her busy.
    Andee has done a variety of jobs at the Roanoke Times and has also covered Virginia Tech football on a freelance basis for the Washington Times.

Many, many, many good candidates for this one and I appreciate everyone's interest. I'm still trying to send out notes to as many as I can but word is spreading as it often does so I wanted to give everyone an update.

The other spot I have open, deputy sports editor for design, is still on hold. For now. I hope that opens soon because we wil move quickly when it does.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If memory serves, she was a high school wrestler, and a pretty good one.

I'm sure she'll do a good job. T-D doesn't make a habit of hiring deadwood.

11. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Other than me, correct on the deadwood.
    She will do an excellent job. And, yes, Andee is a former high school wrestler.

Draft saved Draft deleted