1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richie Rodriguez, he doth protest too much.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Dec 5, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Eufaula Tribune is reporting that Auburn is their 2004 national champion and no one cares about Rich Rodriguez except for area Supercuts....

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well played. (Or is it well-played?)

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, what a fucking idiot. Goodbye, WVU legacy.

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Rutgers should still be very good as well, though the RU-Louisville game will be in Louisville next season. It will probably be those two for the Big East title.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, I've googled this and can't find it...

Can anyone post a pic of Rita so I can see just how big this mall hair is?

6. I find it odd, too, that he's leaving western Virginia for this. Good luck with it.

EDIT: Rita was a WVU cheerleader back in the day. Surely she's at least decent, right?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For those familiar with Bama, the hair style was described to me tonight as "pure Walker County"

8. John

John Well-Known Member

My neighbor has that look going. I'm guessing she goes through a can of hairspray a week.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Different from the Meffa/Reveeeeah look, I reckon.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Seems to contradict, slightly but significantly, what Tuscaloosa News is reporting ...

By Cecil Hurt
    Sports Editor

TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama officials are hoping to announce Friday that West Virginia University head football coach Rich Rodriguez — who was offered the position on Thursday — has agreed to accept the head football coaching position at UA, replacing Mike Shula.

Negotiations with Rodriguez’s representatives produced substantial agreement on contractual issues, sources close to those negotiations told The Tuscaloosa News. However, Rodriguez — who was traveling back to West Virginia from Florida on Thursday night — had not directly accepted the offer, the sources said.

According to those sources, Rodriguez had been offered a multi-year contract that would pay approximately $2 million annually.

The contract would also include a variety of incentive-based bonuses for accomplishments ranging from a BCS championship to academic-based incentives. Those incentives could add up to as much as $500,000 to $750,000 in a season in which all were met.

Some details of the contract were still being discussed Thursday night, sources told The News.

The Charleston (W.Va.) Gazette reported on Thursday night that sources close to Rodriguez indicated that the WVU coach “hadn’t even had a chance to discuss the situation with his family,” and that Rodriguez may plan to visit the Alabama campus “before committing to any move.”

Rodriguez was in Jacksonville, Fla., on Thursday to attend a Gator Bowl press conference. He declined to respond to questions about the Alabama job, but said he planned to meet with West Virginia recruits Friday morning and preside over practice later in the day, according to the Associated Press.

He was expected to return to West Virginia late Thursday night and speak directly with UA officials on Friday.

Rodriguez had also been mentioned as a possible candidate for the vacancy at the University of Miami, but The Associated Press reported Thursday night that UM would instead hire its defensive coordinator, Randy Shannon, for the position.

11. I'll take that bet.

To quote Geico:
    WVU: So (re)loaded, even a caveman could coach them.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Orville, I'll bet you all the popcorn in your vast, evil empire. Louisville's not losing all of its big three next year, and even if should happen, they're still loaded at all the offensive skill positions.

Draft saved Draft deleted