1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Nixon vs Hunter S Thompson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 14, 2010.

1. Interesting quiz - you have to guess who the quote is from - Tricky Dick or Dr Gonzo?

http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=968&p=1

I got 8 out of 11 even though I only knew a few of the quote for sure.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Haven't looked at the link yet, but:

"Richard Nixon has never been one of my favorite people anyway. For years I've regarded his existence as a monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosones that corrupt the possibilities of the American Dream; he was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena and the style of a poison toad. The Nixon I remembered was absolutely humorless; I couldn't imagine him laughing at anything except maybe a paraplegic who wanted to vote Democratic but couldn't quite reach the lever on the voting machine." -- Hunter S. Thomspon

One of my favorite descriptions ever. It totally captured Nixon.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, thanks for the link. I like stuff like that. 8 out of 11. I was pretty much guessing.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7 of 11. Guessed on all but one.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I got eight of 11, too.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9 out of 11.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow I sucked at that. But did get 100 percent on "World Leader or NFL Placekicker"!

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

9 of 11 here

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Gee, thanks for this.
    As if I don't waste enough time on SportsJournalists.com, Facebook and Sprocle, you just gave me something else to help me avoid actually working.

Draft saved Draft deleted