1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Justice to MLB.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by nattering nabob, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

>>>Since it's affiliated with the business it covers, there has been some grumbling about whether it can be truly independent and aggressive, but generally the coverage is respected.<<<

No it's not.

Good for him if he improved his job security, but let's not pretend that mlb.com is anything but an extension of MLB.

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

The Chronicle isn't anything that it used to be. Sad, considering its city.

And I also never really liked Justice. He just didn't cut it in sports other than baseball. His blogs were terrible. Interested to see how the Chron goes about replacing him, or if they do.

3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Den1983: Couldn't disagree more on Justice's blogs. I found them to be packed with good opinions and illuminating anecdotes, just what you'd expect from a savvy guy who's been a big-time writer for decades.

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Justice is one of my favorites. The Chronicle has the infamous distinction of being the largest paper in America to never have a Pulitzer.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hardly ever finished his pieces, since it appeared he was trying too hard. Glad to see him go.

Draft saved Draft deleted