1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Deitsch, you know I'm pissed!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 1, 2007.

1. Question is Whitlock: Would you or wouldn't you have splintered Vivian's butt had she hid from the press?

I think that point was made very clearly by Doc earlier and you chose to ignore it.

2. the good doctor, my memory is fuzzy about my posts on this board. i don't remember any such posts.. but this message board is now a "national platform"?

in the interview with the blog, thebiglead, i blasted lupica and valerio. they are not espn. and that blasting took place before i was dumped by espn.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Trust me, they happened. I have no motive for lying. And you're crazy if you don't think this site can serve as a national forum. Michael Gee was fired because of this place, blondebomber was paraphrased in the LA Times sex-change story, etc.

But write-brained raises a point. Would you mind terribly answering the question I posed earlier to you?

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Your Whitlock-ness:

This is not a national platform. It's an international platform, part of what is known as the "World Wide Web."

And if your memory is fuzzy about your pots, I'm sure someone can quote them to you. It is amazingly easy to search through someone's post history, including your own.

click on profile, and go from there.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's a futile enterprise with Whitlock, however. He nuked more than 1,000 posts a while back when he had Webby reset his post total to zero.

6. write-brained, i ignored the imus affair completely until she held her recruiting celebration. i probably never would've commented on the whole thing had there been no recruiting celebration. putting out a short statement blasting imus and going on about your business would not have been "hiding" from the press. the truth is, a black college basketball coach called me at home and said, "are you watching this sh*t? turn on espn. you won't believe what vivian stringer is doing." i went to my basement, flicked on espn and was blown away. i called fannin and said i need to write a column.

7. i haven't erased any posts. my posts total was simply reset to zero. but please keep making stuff up.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So with which part of this do you disagree?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not making anything up; I figured that's what happens when Webby does that. I've never felt the need to do it, so I don't know. If your posts are still there, I apologize.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

And the relevance of pointing out that this so-called coach was black is?

I guess the convenience of the race card you claim to despise makes a sudden appearance when its time defend your piss poor position. And you have the gall to bemoan Al Sharpton?

A fellow black pointed out Vivian's "tirade" to you, and because of that unquestionable unity of "blackness," your disbaraging of Coach Stringer is also impervious to questioning. You found a black guy to cosign, so that makes it alright.

You're a disgrace.

11. where have i claimed to despise the race card? please elaborate.

i despise pretending that the ignorant ramblings of a shock jock ruined someone's life or season or warranted an hour-long crucifixtion.

the relevance of the race of the coach needs no explanation.

12. I, for one, am huge in Andorra.

Draft saved Draft deleted