1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rich Rodriguez records 1st loss to Ohio State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08036/854933-100.stm

Hmmm....won't go play for a coach who has an offensive philosophy that fits Pryor's talents perfectly.
    Sounds like Pryor doesn't think Richie won't be there long.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's not like the offense coach sweatervest has won't fit him. Pryor seems to me like a souped-up Troy Smith.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count this as a done deal yet.

Look at the named sources -- an Ohio State recruit who tried to get Pryor to go there and second-hand heresay from two local coaches? What's next? Start calling classmates at Jeannette and see if any of them claims to know something?

I'm guessing White has a decent source, too, but just can't name the person. That or he's afraid to get his ass kicked on this one so he figured he better have something in today's paper.

Though I have to admit, I will be happy if the kid goes somewhere other than Michigan after the crap Rodriguez pulled in part to recruit Pryor (calling him before he even announced he was leaving West Virginia for Michigan).

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm hoping he picks Penn State, but that seems a longshot at best.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm sure he'd be a perfect fit for the offense-minded genius that is Joe Paterno.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, but it's a much shorter drive to Happy Valley.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bullshit. There's no such thing as a shorter drive to Happy Valley -- from anywhere.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's only 15 minutes from Tahoe.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. It's the only place in North America that isn't.

10. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

There are a LOT of rumors going around that Pryor was bought by the Buckeyes. He was heading to UM and then just changed on a dime against the wishes of his high school coach and Charlie Batch, who is his recent "mentor".

11. statrat

statrat Member

Until this kid signs his LOI, who...the...hell...cares. Honestly. Why do we have to have to waste time reading rumors and secondhand reports about where some kid might go to college? F'ing ridiculous, and if that's what this business is going to turn into, I want no part of it.

12. Of the top 10 players rated by Rivals in 2002, five panned out, five were busts (marcus vick!)

Sorry if I don't get too excited about what people think about high school football players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.