1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ric Flair gets beaten up by daughter's boyfriend? Not exactly a "woo!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I have some friends who have been to parties at the Flair (Fleihr?) home. Said it was an absolute madhouse, with tons of alcohol for a high school party. Flairs were apparently OK with it all, just said no one could go up to their bedroom (where all of the wrestling stuff was).
    Sure enough, some guy bedded young Ashley. And sure enough, he went into the bedroom afterwards and came back down in a championship belt and the robe.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Stylin' and profilin' 8)

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So they both let out a "Woooooooooo!"?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hate to make the same joke twice in a row, but I just can't shake the image of the cops getting there, seeing Flair fighting back with his chops, and yelling "Wooooooooo!"
    And then, of course, the Mountie busts up into the house and tazes them both, before the Big Boss Man lays down the law at the Mecklenburg County Jail.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That guy must have had a hell of a time with her, because in order to make her happy, you need to bring her to orgasm 16 times, 16 times, 16 times.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If Ric is Space Mountain, what does that make his daughter?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I hear her Teacups are nice.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The fifth paragraph in that story is too long and, even worse, it has 57 commas, yes 57 of them, and some of them, nay, most of them, serve no purpose, and I don't like it when writers do that, and I'm sure readers don't, either.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Awesome. :D

You think that style's over the top for pro wrestling? You should hear him doing high school basketball (he still calls games for WDUN 550/AM in Gainesville, Ga.) Tony's a great guy, but ... "OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN!" It's a trip, I'll tell ya.

10. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I had the pleasure of interviewing Flair about 4 years ago.

He's either ALWAYS in character or just completely out of his mind.

Interview took place in a hallway downstairs in an arena, nobody else around, no fans, nothing. Flair comes bursting through the doors, hair slicked back, tailored suit, a toothpick in his mouth and in full strut when he walked. At one point, he stopped himself midway through answering a question to emphatically inform me that he OWNS the local bar district. I half expected him to tear off his jacket and start dropping elbows on it right on the spot. He capped the interview off with a "WOOOO!" as he strutted back out the door. The man is a tour de force.

11. Bet I know how that happened:

[​IMG]

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I cannot believe that Olie and Arn Anderson didn't have his back.

Draft saved Draft deleted