1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ribs at Burger King?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wendy's fries are always soggy and wet. Hello! I ordered some potato sticks not a vagina.

McDonald's and Burger King fries are both good. I like them both in their way but I'm not going to fight anyone over them. That's because Taco Bell makes better food than both restaurants.

Moreover, A&W fries are fucking awesome. So are the fries from Rally's/Checkers.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Next to Burger King's fries, White Lion is Led Zeppelin.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Tried the BK ribs the other day. Not bad, but at $2.99 or $3.49 for three, they're overpriced.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With a vagina on the menu, why the hell are you ordering fries?

Anyhoo, BK fries are the only thing available for people to eat in Hell

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Outing alert: Dooley Womack is Dave Thomas.

Hey Dools,

Quit posting. Get back to fantasizing about (pick one): a double cheeseburger or double chicken sandwhich smothered in (pick two): caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, nacho cheese, swish cheese, A1 sauce.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Swish cheese? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I just went out to try them, and they're not terrible. I doubt that I'll get them again, though.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that they have to be precooked.

How do they avoid that sort of rancid pork fat funk that you usually get with leftover ribs?

I might eat them if the have Gates and Sons sauce on them. But, then again, I once ate almost 2 square yards of 70s era shag carpet when I knocked a bottle off of the coffee table.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BK has great onion rings.

But after I eat them, I shouldn't be allowed within two square miles of any other human being. Cropdust city.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're precooked and then flash frozen. I couldn't imagine how one would be able to cook enough ribs on the grill and still have room to make burgers, without making the mistake of pulling the ribs when they haven't cooked fully. The smoke taste seemed to be aided artificially, almost like they were sure to go out of their way to distance themselves from the McRib (which they did). Not much sauce, but it wasn't a dry-rub, either. Go one way or the other. Don't split it down the middle.

11. times38

times38 Member

BK's fries are perfectly fine if they're fresh. if they've been sitting out any amount of time they're not very good.

but no matter how long they've been sitting out they're better than Wendy's fries, fresh or otherwise. Flavorless, soggy junk.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

well, maybe the Wendy's I go to has workers who know what they are doing, because mine are always hot and cooked properly, even on a 2 a.m. run.

Of course McDonald's, especially just made and salted are still No.1.

There is something with the texture of the BK fries that I just don't dig.

Draft saved Draft deleted