1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ribs at Burger King?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm with Mizzou. BK is the White Lion of fast food french fries.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Saw a commercial for these maybe a week ago. I have zero faith that they will be edible. I'll be interested to hear a report from SJ's fast food regulars, though. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
    It would be the second

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey assface, White Lion had two top 10 hits. You leave them out of this.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Wait for when the Riblets Cry.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

BK's onion rings are fantastic.

The fries there are really good, if they're fresh. The ones that have been under the lamp are worthless.

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

Never thought I'd see this many people defend BK fries. Actually, never thought I'd see anyone defend them.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm with you Dr. X.

As I said in my earlier post, I'd rather have McDonald's or Wendy's fries from the dumpster than BK's.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

How can people say BK has good fries? Were you raised in some weird family that taught you to hate really good french fries? Were you fed Whataburger or Wendy's fries while undergoing shock therapy? Was your mother killed by a serial killer in a Ronald McDonald costume? These are the only reasons I can think of for praising BK fries.

And there is no way these are real ribs, unless they have some pygmy cows that they've created through genetic engineering. And if so, slaughtering those pygmy cows is a horrible crime against humanity. Just think about how damn cute the little fellas must be.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

(Sigh). They're <i>pork</i> ribs. Pork doesn't come from cows.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Fine, then tiny pygmy pigs. That's even cuter. With their little, swirly pygmy tails. They have those already, though, with potbelly pigs. That's not what they get these from, is it? Little potbelly pig ribs for sale at BK? That's just wrong.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Who the fuck likes Wendy's fries? They're the biggest offenders of them all. I've never been to a Wendy's that didn't serve fries that were somewhat cold, or at a minimum reheated foamy-feeling tubes of squishy grease-filled contempt to a customer. It's to the point if I get a meal at Wendy's, and the times I ever stop there I don't, I'll ask for their dried out and worthless caesar salad which ends up getting tossed after five or six fork fulls of lettuce.

Draft saved Draft deleted