1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIAA to stop suing alleged MP3-sharers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 19, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

About 5 years ago, I saw a concert with Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd and Three Doors Down. One of the best I've seen in the past two decades.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm more than glad to say Creed may have put out some of the worst dreck in the past decade. No wonder why the rock genre has slipped.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I will give you that Nickelback puts on a good show (free tickets, only reason why I went). Chad Kroger is dynamic, even if he relies far too heavily on the old cliche of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.

But like boy bands and early Britney Spears, it's formulaic dreck. The music critic at the Sun, while I was there, compared the Nickelback music to 'vomit' and 'horse urine.' :D I loved that guy.

That said, 3 Doors Down and POM are awesome.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Creed, Puddle of Mudd and Nickelback do suck. It helps when the lead singer of a band can actually sing.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy shit.

6. azom

azom Member

Something old, updated for youtube:

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Say what you want about the music I like. I don't really give a crap. There's nothing like driving down the highway in the summer rocking out to a great chorus from a group like Nickleback or Slipknot.

And, for what it's worth, I was front-row, center at a Creed show back in 2002 and to do day their individual performance stands as the best concert I have ever seen and I've seen just about every big rock band out, including Metallica.

You may not like certain groups, but there are those of us that do and to us, they don't suck.

That's why I may hate someone like Beyonce but I understand why others like her. Different strokes for different folks.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh, how very enlightened of you.

You'll understand, I'm sure, if I go lose my lunch now.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

schiezainc's post =

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Actually, he couldn't be more right.