1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rey Maualuga sneaks up behind Erin Andrews and 'dances' behind her. Offensive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I think probably more offensive are the heds on that SI link:
    "Get Your Freak On" and "Erin and Rey Get Down" (the second comes up on the browser tab).

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I thought it was really creepy. I mean it's not a bar. Just because she's attractive doesn't mean idiot kids should come up behind her and be lewd.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hey, it's the "Hot Mustard" section of SI.com. Hot dog! Let's have some fun with video!

(Blue font unnecessary, I hope)

4. Johnny Dangerously

Nervous laughter, perhaps? I mean, what should she do in that split second?

Ladies? Is it possible that was nervous laughter, or do you think she was fine with it?

5. sportschick

Probably. I sure as fuck wouldn't know how to react to that. Thank God Tom Petty is around to tell me the proper reaction.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Can we please try to keep this discussion civil? I'd hate to see this thread get locked before it can be thoroughly discussed seriously by a cross section of journalists, men and women.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Just because my post immediately followed yours, it doesn't mean I was speaking exclusively to you. I'm speaking to everybody, including those who have posted and those who have yet to.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Uh, Tom, I'd have to side with sportschick on this one. I've seen similar reactions before, especially in alcohol-fueled environments. It's uncomfortable.

9. sportschick

I didn't see her laugh, Tom. I saw her look puzzled and then ask her producers what happened.

You're seeing things as usual, and that kind of stuff would never happen to male sideline reporter, so excuse me if I don't think you know a thing about how a woman might react.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If we're talking about 'offensive,' I'm more annoyed by the fervor over this almost-non-incident. Much like that dopey column over whether she touched a bicep in the clubhouse (or whatever the hell that was about), this just seems like another idiotic opportunity to rattle the cages over Hot Girl on the Sidelines.

When Joe wanted to kiss Suzy on the sidelines, she made a joke out of it, he apologized later, and we all moved on.

11. Re: Rey Maualuga sneaks up behind Erin Andrews and 'dances' behind her. Offensiv

Absolutely inappropriate behavior, regardless of Andrews' reaction.

12. sportschick

Um, when the fuck was she bent over laughing? I think you must be either looking at different video than me or hallucinating.

Her producer leans forward to talk to her. She leans forward to hear him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.