1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reverse Tiger question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Aug 6, 2006.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Tiger was having trouble with his driver at 12 and 14, I believe, so I still don't think it was a gimmee until he got it straightened out. And Taylor got his panties all bunched up over a couple of photogs. One was 200 yards up the fairway and Taylor was taking practice swings when he got in a huff. These two photogs are vets who wouldn't do anything they shouldn't. He might be somebody that sits early in the Ryder Cup.

2. Brain of J

Brain of J Member

Tiger Woods? Is he from here? No? well then who cares. There isn't a world outside this tiny town.....Tiger woods could go crazy and assasinate the president immediately after passing Jack Nicklaus on the all time majors list and no one who reads the paper here would ever know......

But I agree that anything Tiger does is newsworthy. At least a tease on front. Its not the biggest story that he won the buick, but people still are gonna want to know how he did given that his dad just died and he won the British several weeks ago.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ah, now, easy Buck ... was just raising the question, that's all. :)

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Tiger's last tuneup for the British is not going to be on a course in Colorado. He'll defend at the Buick next year, hit some bump-and-run shots that he might need at Carnoustie, finish third behind Furyk and DiMarco, and then take a couple weeks off.

But he's a better rationale for Mr. International than to say "There's no f**king way we want to be part of the Fall Series and have Lucas Glover as our marquee attraction."

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Maybe the Buick Open could snag Mickelson if it got the milk-shake recipe from The International!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, the only reason Tiger plays two Buicks a year is that he's sponsored by ... uh, Buick.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't be anywhere near these events. I really wish the PGA would go to the LPGA rule, forcing everyone on Tour to play every event once every four years. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Tiger in the Southern Farm Bureau Classic. :eek:

7. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

The hell with Mickelson - I want them to get it for the media tent!

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

At least he plays the Nissan Open in L.A. every year because not only is it the first PGA event he ever played but it is also one tournament he's never won.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember reading years ago that he always plays in tournaments where he would be the defending champion. If that's still the case, I guess he'd be back in the Buick Open next year regardless of who his sponsors are.

Draft saved Draft deleted