1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revenge of the Toronto Star Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Pretty good stuff:

http://torontoist.com/2009/11/disgruntled_star_editor_takes_revenge.php

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

funny stuff...if you're going out you may as well go out doing what you do best

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Awesome.

I'd buy that editor a beer or 12.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Shit! I'd buy him a keg. That's awesome!

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Standing ovation... To be perfectly honest, I was hoping for something much more destructive, but that's just me...

I'm surprised this has never made the board, but four or five copy editors who were let go by a major paper earlier this year have started going through the section daily and having one of their mothers (in her 80s) call the publisher, the executive editor and the managing editor's voice mail every day to point out every mistake in the paper.

There was a link to this off Romenesko a few months ago and I was surprised no one linked to it. I'll see if I can find it... Funny stuff...

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

please do. That sounds great

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was from one of those alternative-weekly papers that we rely on so much for news regarding the demise of this industry and regrettably, I cannot find the link...

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Less posting, more searching. ;D

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

All this for a freaking memo?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, Drip, a freaking memo.

One that says the editor in question is in danger of losing his or her job because the work he or she does may well be contracted out of the newsroom. You know, nothing serious that any responsible journalist should be worried about. ::)

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This goes well beyond the memos that were hung up in Richmond with various typos that people would just walk past and circle the errors. This is WAY better.

Draft saved Draft deleted