1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reveal three random facts about yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, May 13, 2011.

1. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

1. My family once had mob ties.

2. I've never touched a drop of alcohol in my life.

3. I'm incredibly hairy.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I sucked my index finger, not my thumb, as a little kid

When I was in second grade, a reporter sent to our school asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, and I said, "Paleontologist."

I ate a piece of the frog that we dissected in biology class in high school

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've never had chicken pox.
    During a Beastie Boys concert in 1986, I helped DMC of Run-DMC look for a gold chain he had dropped on the floor (we didn't find it).
    I used to watch "The Godfather Saga" (the first two films spliced together in chronological order with additional footage thrown in) every year the night before my birthday.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I am at McCarren.

Mechanical problems with the plane and I am not happy.

I think Norm Green sucks.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I am a wine snob and a beer redneck.

I only drink coffee after dinner.

I made a D in typing in high school.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm right handed, but I can palm a basketball with my left hand, but not my right.

My family shares our last name with no other family in the world.

My dad burned down our house when I was 10. Let's just say he was pissed.

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness until I was about 12. My Uncle Dan is a serious big wig at their home office in Brooklyn.

I have never met any of you in person since I joined this board and only spoken to one on the phone.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I slept at Lauren Bacall's house.

I marched in the opening ceremony at a major sporting event.

I conducted a British military band at Hyde Park.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Are 2 & 3 related in any way? :)

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm right handed, but I shoot pool and shovel snow lefty.

My bowling technique resembles a pitcher going in the stretch position. Basically, I stand sideways, pull the ball up to my cheek with two hands, before turning and rolling it down the alley.

I hate fruits, and never eat them. Veggies, I also disliked intensely, but I'll eat them once in a while, especially if my wife makes it and puts it on my plate.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I used to be an avid darts player. Shot a bunch of ton-80s in leagues and tournaments. Lost to most of the British guys when they came over in the summer, but I didn't get my ass kicked.
    Played baseball or softball in parts of 5 decades. Best game was a a highly competitive 10-9 softball victory in which I had 9 RBIs, including a walkoff single in the bottom of the ninth. Went 4 for 5 with a grand slam, solo homer, three-run triple and the game-winning single. Popped up in other at-bat. And this was by a really slow runner on a fence-less field in which everything had to be run out.
    On a Europe trip with some guys from work, I drank about 36 beers the day we went from London to Amsterdam. Started with breakfast brews on the train to the coast, continued on the ferry across the channel, more on the train from the Holland coast to the city, and a bunch more that night partying in Amsterdam.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

1.) The year after the Patriots won SB36, I went to their summer camp at Bryant University and Tom Brady was signing autographs. Since I was 17 at the time, I knew I was a bit too big to get his autograph (He was only signing for kids) so I hid behind a third-grader, stuck my magazine out when I knew he would see it and got it signed at the expense of some little kid. Still don't feel bad about it.

2.) When I was nine years old, WrestleMania was in New York and I couldn't go. I watched it that night at my uncles house with tears in my eyes and swore to myself that I would one day sit ringside at a WrestleMania, a dream I accomplished 12 years later at WrestleMania 22 when I sat three rows behind the commentators.

3.) I shave every bit of body hair I have with the exception of my eyebrows and, since I'm fat, that takes forever. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted