1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reuters: Landis fails doping test

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hungryhungryhippo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Epitestosterone metabolism is not related to cortisol pathways in the body.

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

interesting. thanks.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

If you're ever looking to get a stationary bike for your home, get one of Lemond's. My dad bought one about a year ago -- he can afford one, I can't -- and it's far superior to anything I've ever ridden. Helluva a workout and the bike is built so that it's just as comfortable as a road bike.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Interesting link.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2006/testosterone_testing

Not sure what it proves, but it might help some of us make more informed comments.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting Q&A with SI's Austin Murphy:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/austin_murphy/07/28/murphy.qa/index.html

SI.com: How much does this incident further tarnish the image of the Tour de France?

Murphy: It's another unfortunate blight on a topography that is already comprehensively marred. It's exactly what we didn't need. I referred to this in my magazine story -- I talked about how Landis had redeemed a sullied Tour. All of us who made that point may have to eat those words and let them mock us from the page. If it's true, it's disgusting and makes me sick. It makes me feel like in some ways that I've been wasting my time covering this event. It would feel false and hollow.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Oops. Something tells me Mama Landis ain't going to be happy.

Edit: I posted on a separate breaking news thread, but the NY Times broke the story on its Web site tonight.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fucking cheater.

Draft saved Draft deleted