1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restaurant critic: STFU up about food already!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 28, 2014.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One FB friend (one of those not-really-friends you met through an old job but no sense in defriending now) has a glass of wine in EVERY picture. And she posts regularly. If a glass of wine a day helps you live longer, she's gonna go to age 742.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I love red wine and it is my one big splurge in life. But there is nothing I hate more than listening to people talk about it. Just drink and enjoy.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Worst hangover of my life was from drinking too much homemade Italian wine when I was 18. Can't remember ever drinking wine otherwise.

4. Webster

White wine gives me the hangover. And Mad Dog.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Mad Dog gave me my worst one. There is no close second.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I assume that's because you were 14 at the time.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, 22. For real.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Oh, I believe you. :D

9. Webster

I drank Mad Dog during my early-mid 20s. And at 45 years old and with about 250 bottles of good-great red in my basement, I still drink it 3-5 times a year.

10. Morris816

Morris816 Member

They also walked just about every place they needed to go and didn't spend all hours of the day just sitting around.

In other words, we are led to believe our health problems are based on what we eat, when they are really based on the fact that we drive our cars all the time to go to an office and just sit, sit, sit.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You might wanna check the average lifespan of that list before you make statements like that.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There was a restaurant critic in Nashville who loved Southern cooking, but became a crusader to get people to stop eating so much of it because those people were now white collar workers behind desks instead of farmers burning off 4000 calories a day through manual labor.

Draft saved Draft deleted