1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restaurant/bar horror stories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigRed, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I had a friend who was a pizza delivery driver. One regular customer, a cranky old hag, was particularly bitchy about the peppers that come with the pizza. So after dealing with her poor attitude one too many times, said friend takes her peppers out of the jar, goes behind the pizza shack, places some peppers on the ground and unleashes a stream of his own special seasoning on them. He put those peppers in the pizza box and delivered them to the lady. He never heard any complaints so she must've enjoyed them.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I went to bite into a roast beef po-boy once and bit into something hard. Thought it might be some bizarre tomato seed anomoly or something, but I pulled it out and it was a stub of a grease pencil. Took it up to the counter and the girl says, "Gee, we wondered where that thing went." Got my money back and left. Never ate at that place again, although I did (and do) eat at the original joint that spawned that place. Bad job of local expansion there. Quality control much better at the original, and it's the best damn roast beef po-boy I've ever had.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Two horror stories, non-restaurant division:

1) I'm in the cafeteria at work getting some dinner and I spot a mouse (running around).. keep in mind the cafeteria and the newsroom are on the same floor.

2) This was about 10-15 years ago at work around the holidays. Someone in the composing room (pre-press) had brought in one of those popcorn tins that has the different flavors of popcorn. The thing must've been about half empty when myself and a couple of others from the newsroom had gone down to composing to either check in negatives (or just passing by on our way out the building) and were eating from it when one of the guys from the newsroom takes his hand straight from scratching an itch inside the back of his pants and puts it right into the popcorn tin. Nobody else ate from the tin after that.

4. Frylock

Frylock Member

I think deep down I wanted to see how bad it would get.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Had a friend claim for years he took a dump in a fryer at a Black Eye Pea restaurant. Wasn't there to see him "plop" down. Just sort of took his word for it and never ate there.

Draft saved Draft deleted