1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Respecting the beliefs of others is more important now than ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Fuck Sudan and fuck religion.

What we have here is yet another case where as Christopher Hitchens would say "Religion poisons everything."

Islamic law does not deserve to respected anywhere.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Glib? Maybe. True? Definitely.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

True? Uhm, no. We all agree the Muslim rule on this is foolish. But it's still the law over there, so what are you going to do?

I think marijuana being illegal in the U.S. is stupid, but just because I think it's dumb doesn't mean I can just whip out a joint on the street and blaze up, without possibly going to jail.

The fact that you seem to think that the U.S. setting a better example is a bad idea shows the xenophobia you exhibit on a daily basis on this site.

4. heyabbott

Foolish?WTF

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Did I fucking stutter?

6. heyabbott

More like mumbling. It's probably difficult for you to type with Osama's balls banging off your chin. But I'd have thought by now you'd be used to it.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yeah, nice way to steer the conversation away from your hatred of virtually everyone on the planet.

No point in trying to debate with you because you don't really care about the issue...just getting your opinion out there.

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I have a coworker who loves him this site.

I explain to him that I try not to spend too much time on it.

He always asks me why.

Wish I had a printer at my house.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Good thing we never have overzealous prosecution of ridiculous mistakes here in the enlightened Judeo-Christian West.

Oh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Amero

10. heyabbott

Yes we can all agree that's stupid. Most of us at any rate, given the facts presented at wikipedia.

However, do you think the same proportion of Sudanese or Saudis think the whipping a teacher or rape victim is as stupid as we think of the case you cited?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

12. heyabbott

We have a difference of opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.