1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resolutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jgmacg, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fuck Soriano. That's all I have to say about that. He's my Horwitz. No way.
    Come up with something else.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Anyone got a bonfire? I'll find "Kumbaya" for karaoke. ;D

Seriously, some mending of bridges is usually good. I saw a guy for the first time in four years a few days ago, one where our work relationship was shaky at best for two years. We haven't discussed it much - certainly not at the level it should be discussed given that it melted a friendship - but it was a step.

And now, Moddy and BYH. Next: Respectfully disagreeing on the political threads. :)

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Oh, sxy and Ragoo, my wife is perfection. The thing is, no matter how much head I received in a given year, one of my resolutions would be, "Get more head."

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

To quote my wife: "Got damn, it was just a week ago."
    "Honey, if it was more than an hour ago, it was ancient history."
    "Get lost."

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ain't that the story of our lives?

I remember gaining a lot of weight after one beer-filled semester at college. Whatever I gained was gone in weeks. Compared to what I am now, I look emaciated in my graduation pics.

I look at old high school track pictures of me--and believe me, I was not an elite athlete by any stretch of the imagination--and marvel at the lack of body fat and the toned legs (God, that makes me sound high on myself). I wasn't a great runner, but I could run day and night and I could outrun or outsprint any of the looooosers who liked to mock me for falling short of all-league status.

All I know is I'm tired of looking like a pear.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think Moddy and I had made up a while ago, after my most recent return. It is nice to re-confirm good feelings though.

It'll be nicer when we can both see our feet.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

As I'm sure this is a common refrain from men over 30, I must ask: why, exactly, do you want to start dating guys your own age, sportschick?

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How about loser of the BYH/Moddy bet buys baseball tickets for the winner, and a beer or two after the game or something? Maybe a light beer to keep the spirit of the thing.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

But I'd love to receive head more often --- just don't count that as a resolution.
    haha.
    Difference between men and women, eh?

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I too adore red X's in a white box. One day I'll find the red X of my dreams.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey, I deleted that post for a reason, dammit.

Fucking red Xs :mad:

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This is the Mr. Bean you were referring to, right, SC?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted