1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resolutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jgmacg, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I would think, Jones, that No. 3 is your most likely.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yeah, how about no? I just don't see it that way. Excuse me all to hell for voicing my opinion.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, that's very nice of you to say, Frank, but I'm super-gunning for No. 10, despite Headbutt's pessimism. I've been eating so much pineapple, even my poop smells sweet.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd like to be in better shape. I can't call myself fat - seriously, at least - but it could be better.

"Lighten up" - I think the intensity I tend to display in everyday life tends to scare the hell out of people.

Swearing less would also help. I use underscores here - insert your own joke here - but I underscore nothing in everyday life.

In the last two years, I've seen the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Dunno how much better that can get. Wouldn't mind seeing the basketball HOF in Springfield, Mass.

I'd say something about dating and the social world, as well, but the more I talk with friends who are married and have children, the more I wonder if I'm cut out for any of it.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Hope this doesn't sound preachy, Sammy, but if you do manage to lighten up a little, that'll make the dating thing go easier, I'd like to think.

I'm liking this thread. A blast of positivity to end the year. Good stuff.

6. Clever username

You should win an award just for that.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2006 wasn't my best year. I want 2007 to be much better.

As for the resolutions:
    Get into the best shape of my life.
    Stay away from devil women (I may be ready to even settle down).
    Finally finish renovating my apartment.
    Find the time to do more "fun" writing.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, lighten up. You take everything far toooooooo seriously. You're gonna have a heart attack before you're 30 if you don't chill a bit.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Poor guy. Will probably kick off right before you decide to start dating 30-year-olds. :D ;)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You're excused for making yourself sound like an asshole!
    Lighten up homes.

11. Clever username

I quit.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You haven't seen me since NatsFest.

I'll figure it out officially tomorrow morning, but I think I've gained 40 lbs in the past 3 1/2 years. My weight now is about 20 lbs higher than the last time I seriously dieted in 2003. Not good. And I'm not getting any younger.

Draft saved Draft deleted