1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

We used to have a thread every week following Rescue Me. Then a few of us got a little concerned after the first three episodes this season were a little lacking. But the last two weeks have sort of reminded us why we all got hooked in the first place. If you stopped watching you're missing out because it's getting better now. The story lines may be a little odd, but for the most part it's gotten much better the past two weeks with its share of holy shit moments back.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Where can I get last night's episode, I missed it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wasn't last night's episode directed by the guy who did Shawshank Redemption? It was was incredibly intense.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Haven't seen last week's but this show has gone the route of Entourage this season: if I catch I catch it, if not, oh well. The storylines are just wayyy too out there. Just stop and think about everything that has happened to Tommy/his family in what, a four year time span?

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

F_Headbutt, you're right in regard to the opening fire scene. My gosh was that intense, and it brought us all back to what the show is supposed to be about.

I enjoyed this week's episode.

It still seems like a lot of stuff is going down and the loose ends just aren't being tied.

I mean, Sean burns down Probie's Mom's house and the issue isn't even broached until late in the episode?!

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i missed it, too, 'cause there was no immediate replay at 11:03 wed night. i'm gonna catch it tonight at 11. 8)

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I never miss a week of the show. Denis Leary alone makes me come back week after week :)

Here in Canada, Showcase shows it at 3:00am or 5:00am some nights, which is a great viewing time for a busy person like myself.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I thought most of the season sucked ass, but nice to hear this latest episode is pretty good. I just think Tommy has been such a wuss this season. Nothing like the character he was in previous seasons.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Jesus, that opening scene was freakin' awful. But well done.

But what did Tommy do with the baby???

And Susan Sarandon...still hot.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

SPOILERS!!!!

There's no way he gets rid of the baby. Not like he was at the end of the show anyway. The pre-credits on this week's show was just outstanding. Having said that, the deal with Probie's house getting BURNED DOWN and laughed off is just ridiculous.

I need more Phil Esposito cameos. For that matter, more Jennifer Esposito as well.

12. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I'm screwed. You can download the show now on iTunes.

Draft saved Draft deleted