1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me returns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Apr 7, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Holy crap!! Pallister likes something that I like. Repent, the end is near!!

:)

2. pallister

pallister Guest

You'll get over it.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Just did.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Good for you. Despite its over-the-topness, the show cracks me up. My firefighter relatives aren't fans, though.

5. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

Wasn't this season delayed more than a year because of the writer's strike? Anyway, a very solid first two opening episodes. They're getting back to what made the show work in the first place -- Tommy and 9/11. The most recent season was rather underwhelming because they focused too much on the supporting characters. Really, I don't care if Franco finds another sugar mama. Tommy drives the show. Give us more Tommy -- ranting, seeing dead relatives, baring his soul. That's what makes the show. That's what they've finally gotten back to.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I didn't need them to change anything, and I don't mind them going back to heavy Leary. Every note they strike is a solid one to me.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same here. One of my favorite shows, and that's mainly because I don't dissect every part of it. There's nothing wrong with dissecting a show to the core; that's just not me. I just sit back and enjoy. And I get pissed when it's over.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't mind it being Tommy heavy as long as I get my share of Garrity stupidity.

9. JackReacher

And Lou's funny, yet pathetic, skirt chasing.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A little pathetic, but I think it's cool that he has, several times, pulled it off with someone out of his league.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

As Lou once said, like the Lord, he's been known to work in mysterious ways.

12. JackReacher

Maybe pathetic was the wrong word. And you're right...he has outkicked his coverage on more than one occasion. The fling/scam with the hooker was outstanding. And sad for Lou.

Draft saved Draft deleted