1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me: Out of the Ashes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Looks like it's over. From tvguide.com q&a with their "inside guy," Michael Ausiello:
    Damn. It kind of left with things up in the air. Would have been nice to have some closure.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Re: RIP: Rescue Me

This sets up the rest of the... oh, wait.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Guess heaven needed a good television show.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This happens after every season and so far it's been back... With shows like this that mean so much to cable channels like FX, Leary has to negotiate another deal where they pay him an absolute mint to keep new episodes coming... The same has happened with TNT and The Closer, FX and The Shield, USA with Psych and Monk...

I wouldn't read too much into that...

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Let's hope this is wrong. God, I love this show. Just got into it since I got my DVR this summer. I was able to tape it and watch it.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good career move.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Renewed for Season 5.

The FX cable network has ordered 22 episodes of the show for the upcoming season, which it will air in two blocks of installments.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2007/11/02/fox_renews_rescue_me_for_fifth_season/2964/

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Thank goodness. Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck are my two favorite TV shows right now.
    Though I do have to say Rescue Me Season 4 was on the whole, disappointing.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

'Rescue Me' minisodes bow June 24
    Five-minute segments will fill in two-year gap
    By JUSTIN KROLL

FX will fill some of the nearly two-year gap between the fourth and fifth seasons of "Rescue Me" with a series of comedic minisodes that are set to bow June 24.

The 10 five-minute segs will run weekly in the show's regular Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot. Penned by series creators Denis Leary and Peter Tolan and "Rescue Me" vet Evan Reilly, they feature series Leary and other regular cast members.

The fifth season, which was skedded to run longer than usual with a total of 22 episodes, was delayed from its planned June bow by the 100-day writers strike that ended in mid-February.

FX has opted to hold the show's fifth season for debut in April. To fill some of the void, "Rescue Me" studio Sony Pictures TV commissioned the minisodes, which will be available on Sony's Crackle.com Internet vid site the day after they bow on FX.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm torn. Those mini-eps that they had online last year were awesome, but I was looking forward to a new season. So, help me understand this: we'll only get a five-minute mini-ep each week for 10 weeks? Airing during... what?

Also, for Leary fans (and God help me for knowing this) Denis and his wife will be on The View on Wednesday. Two things: In my defense, when you're not working, you can either watch the daily yenta-fest, or the Price Is Right. So, there's my defense. Secondly, last season's RM DVDs come out in two weeks.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I didn't watch the second half of last season. Is it worth it to catch up? I thought the first half of last season wasn't anything special, especially compared to the first three seasons.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't know. I didn't see a lot of the show and what I saw never did much for me. I just seemed like every time I watched it, Denis Leary's character was picking a fight with somebody.

Draft saved Draft deleted