1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me, 8-15-07 (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Our TV critic hooked me up again. Saw last week's ep and this week's. On last week's ep: Meh. My only thought about the whole ep was "when is Tommy going to get smart and tell his ex to fuck off?" Janet's a soul-destroying, unbalanced, unmitigated bitch. Hope she's the next character to die.

Now, for the 8/15 ep:
    Gershon? She's hot, but the story? Meh.
    The intervention? Meh.
    Not enuf Lou. Even when Lou's on, he's not that great (in this ep).

I might have to give up on RM. Sad, but true.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

how do you already post spoilers about an episode that doesn't air for the rest of us until tomorrow?

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Our tv critic gets advanced copies on dvd, lets me borrow them.

Actually, thinking more about it, I would like this season a lot more with three changes. No Janet, no Sheila, and ditch the Franco story line. Don't get rid of Franco, just his fiance/Sarandon story line. Those three are just drags. I was hoping they would expound on Tommy's stigmata wound from the end of last week's ep, and they barely mentioned it.

I will say this for the 8/15 episode, though: The final scene is damned good. Tommy does one of his rants then does something that elicits a "holy shit!" from the viewer.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The final scene was real good.

You're dead on with Janet. She'll never be completely gone, but it sounded like Gavin was wising up as to what's going on. And she seemed as if she was starting to worry, too.

If Franco's girl is gone, I'm cool with that. The whole parsing of words thing, ugh. No one needs that. And Franco still isn't mature enough, and Sarandon's character helps him out with that. Not that she's a gem either, but still.

But that final scene. Shit I thought that was a dream sequence once he jumped. Crazy.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That final scene was great. I love how Mike was jut drinking water with his pills. I thought for sure he was the next one to go.

This season as a whole hasn't been as good as the others, but it's had its moments. They need more of the guys around the firehouse and chasing tail, which is what made the show great in the first place. And Sheila wth the baby is just dumb.

Get rid of the useless external characters like Tommy's sister, she's dead weight. Let Garrity be screwed up and dumb with a bunch of different women.

6. basically, get them back to what they were, which was good parts to a great show. Let Tommy drink again and regain his edge. Let Franco be Franco, Probe be probe and Garity be Garity, and Amen to more Lou, the funniest guy on the show. Let these guys get back to what they were and not this watered down version. BTW, I did a search on you tube and came across the funniest episode in the shows history, the political correctness and sensitivity training episode. Really funny stuff.

7. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

i love that fuckin episode. by far the best ever.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I don't think Mike was drinking water with the pills; I think Tommy dumped the vodka and replaced it with water for his little intervention

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Sure he dumped the vodka? Didn't he make a comment referring to its been a while or something like that. I thought it was vodka.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gotta love Phil Esposito and Cam Neely making an appearance. I really liked the hockey scene.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, though that comment could have been for show.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I wish they would just get it over and show some graphic sex on this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted