1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me 8/1

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

:)

John Salley appears in tonight's episode as a marijuana-growing big guy who could be mistaken for a circus member, that or a player for the Knicks. Haha. Funny.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Missed it, just as I have several this season. I'm probably just going to hold out for reruns at this point.

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I'm loving this show more and more each week, and I've finally convinced my wife to watch with me and she's hooked (thank you, DVR!) Last night's episode was one of the funniest of the season with Sean asking the Gavins' dad for Maggie's hand in marriage, for uncle Teddy's conjugal visit ("and they wonder why we kill!) but, at the same time had the drama that keeps the show moving along.

It's a great show, and I hope more people are watching. I'm always disappointed that these threads die out so quickly, unlike those for the HBO shows.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

And I thought I was just a thread killer???

:)

Doesn't the whole Franco's girlfriend's crazy brother situation seems to foreshadow something really bad?

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Sean Garrity-Gavin is one of the greatest TV idiots of all time. That this guy hasn't received any sort of Emmy consideration is an absolute shame.

The back-and-forth between him and Mike last night, when he was completely lost on the whole Mike is gay thing, was classic. Did you see his face when Mike started talking about blowjobs? I was laughing my ass off.

And asking for Maggie's hand was great, too. "Are you retarded?"

Great show each week. There hasn't been one disappointing episode this entire season. Not many shows out there that can make that claim.

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

"He's already playing for their softball team." ... priceless.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Can you just imagine Tommy and Sheila going away and living together, getting married and having kids, forever? If that won't drive him to drink all over again, nothing will.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Can you imagine the episode in which Johnny learns the baby is Tommy's?

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Whatcha wanna bet that's the season finale?
    They ended last season with one Gavin boy dieing -- they'll likely end this one with one Gavin boy coming into this world.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

First off, no way does Janet give birth this season. No way. But Johnny will find out before the end that it may not be his. And that my friends, will be one fucking explosive finale. I love this show.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude, when they started betting on whether or not the probie was hard? i laughed through the entire commercial break

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I laughed through the opening credits after that scene with Garrity and Probie in the greenhouse and Franco's "What about the stump?" comment.

Draft saved Draft deleted