1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me 6/21 -- spoilers, etc.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubba Fett, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Surprised a thread hasn't already been started on this.

Good episode, though the ending was a bit weird/uncomfortable.

Glad to know Lou might be getting a grip -- he was usually the funniest guy on the show.

Probie's not gay, he just likes getting blown by his male roommate.

Marisa Tomei shows up next week.

2. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

The ending was beyond wierd. My GF said he is trying to get her knocked up so she can produce another (male) Gavin. Next weeks episode looks weak, but I am sure I will be blown away. Not problie blown away...anyway you get the idea.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't have cable. Does anyone know the best Web site to go to to download episodes where it won't take me three hours?

Right now, I'm stuck catching clips of each weeek's ending on YouTube.

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I love this show and it's become as much of a must-see for me as The Sopranos. I'm not sure if the acting is as good, but I like that the cast is small enough that you can really connect with each person in almost every episode. I think the actor who plays Garrity deserves a best-supporting actor emmy for playing the funniest, dumbest male bimbo on TV.

Anyway, to this week ...

I was a little confused by the ending. What was the deal with the phone call to Johnny at the bar, making sure the bartender had his gun and setting things up for Johnny to fly over to the house with the gumball on the car as soon as Tommy was done? What exactly were they setting up, if anything?

5. schrdp2002

schrdp2002 Member

damn...I missed the show too....i hope they rebroadcast it....

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Now, that's what fooled me, too. I thought that the bartender and Johnny were in cohoots to set Tommy up, and I thought at some point Tommy was going to eat a bullet. I never expected him to be able to drive away whistling a happy tune.

As far as what ELSE was going on in the closing ... I was watching it with my wife, and I really felt like I couldn't make an observation on it, because anything I'd say about it would get me in trouble. ;D

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yes, a very uncomfortable ending. Which means you KNOW that Janet is getting knocked up and the drama will be whether the baby is Johnny's or Tommy's. I also thought Johnny was going to give Tommy a bullet.

Probie will become his roommate's bitch.

I think next week's episode looks hysterical myself. Watch out for the little C boys!!

8. Mutah

Mutah Member

Our TV guy gave me copies of last night's show and next week's on DVD. Watched both. Rest assured, next week is pretty damned good, too.

Now, on to that ending. Made me uncomfortable as hell. It was a rape, bottom line. She came to enjoy it -- a wrong note in the writing, I believe. And now we're going to have this whole covert affair thing between them? Uh-uh. Nope. Bad note. As for being uncomfortable, maybe it was a bit homophobic, but when Probie's roomie came up and wiped his mouth, I cringed. Ugh. Didn't want to see that.

Other notes: Garrity's reactions to getting tagged by Tommy ("Son of a bitch!" "No. You hurt my nose") was funny as hell. "It's crazy chick call-in day" made me laugh, as did Tommy begging Garrity not to tell his sister he told him anything. Makes me laugh that everyone is so afraid of Maggie. She's a psycho. Gotta be fun playing that.

Good to see Lou getting his shit together.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I missed the show this week. Let me get this straight. Tommy raped his (soon-to-be-ex) wife, but she decided in the middle she liked it?

10. Mutah

Mutah Member

Sorry to spoil it for you, but... yeah. Pushes her down on the couch, rips open her blouse and forces in. Midway through, she's doing her o-face, then covers up when Johnny arrives shortly after Tommy leaves.

11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Johnny a little payback at Tommy. I think what the set up was that Tommy had his brother sit in a bar that was at least 20 minutes away from from his ex-wife's place. This way he would not have to worry about his brother breaking down the door and shooting him. At least that was the way I took it.

Completely agreed on the probie roommate wiping of his mouth. I could have done without that.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

The wiping of the mouth was just weak, on a show that's handled so many big issues so well. And having the guy say "sucks" in the middle of it is "Mad TV" weak. I think this is one of the best-written, consistently laugh-out-loud funny shows on TV, and they're usually much better than that scene.

The big-C-little-C line is classic Rescue Me.

If you guys haven't checked out that web-only episode on the official site -- from another thread -- it's a great 20 minutes.

Anybody have a thought on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?" ... they advertise it enough during Rescue Me that they must think it has a similar viewership, but I'm not sold on it from the commercials ...

Draft saved Draft deleted