1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RESCUE ME 6/13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mutah, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Mutah

Mutah Member

Surprised there's no thread yet.

Gotta love the way Tommy's fucking with Sean -- and then Franco gets into the act as well. Classic. And the whole bit with the horse was great, too.

I gotta tell you, though, the thing that's bugging me is the slow fall of Lou -- sad to see him sinking to Tommy levels. Bummin' me out.

... and Probie's gay!?!?!

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yet again, i finished teh show wanting more... what a great fuckin's how. the first three episodes of this season have been just awesome

can't say i was shocked about probie. helps the character, i think

and jesus, i nearly cried from laughing so hard with the horse bit -- and i felt bad about it, but was still laughing

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I wanna know where I can find a teacher like the lovely Miss Turbody: "You're gonna have to raise your game. Your nephew could go three, four times in an hour."

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Is Miss Turboty the O Girl?

5. Mutah

Mutah Member

Don't know, but I laughed my ass off when Tommy... let's say, "finished his exam early."

"I think I'm going to need a minute... and a sandwich, uh... Mrs. Turbody."

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

"When you're banging her ... does her walker get in the way?"

Yeah, he's sliding downhill fast, but Lou can still deliver the shots.

I don't know that there is another show as entertaining as this one on TV right now. The humor, the drama, the character interaction -- it's all simply top-notch. If it manages to stay anywhere near this level for the rest of the season, I'd call it an Emmy winner. Easy.

Tommy's screwing around with Sean is classic. And Sean's dumbass responses are equally fantastic. The whole "forte" thing had me rolling. "So, I could say I was a forte free safety?"

And the Ms. Turbody thing ... the way Tommy can never say her name with sort of stuttering. "uh, Ms. T-Turbody."

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Another great line, from Franco, telling Tommy about some girl he screwed the night before:
    "She was all right. I call chicks like that firecrackers. You know, good for one bang."

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I've missed the past two episodes, so at this point I might just wait until the re-runs start before picking it up again. It'll be torture, but I don't want to jump back in after missing two in a row.

And it is the best show on TV.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm never home when it's on and I've never watched it. There are a lot of classic shows where I just don't see what everyone else does. Everytime I see an ad for the show, Denis Leary is picking a fight with somebody. I guess there's more to the show than that, but I'm not sure what it is.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

miss turbody is the lovely paige turco, i believe. once a "ninja turtles" movie chick. yum-yum 8) 8)

with three sons, i had to watch that movie many times. thank heaven for paige!!!! ;D ;D

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Roscoe, there's many a place on the Internet where you can download episodes from current TV shows. Probably take you a couple of hours if you've got a decent high-speed connection. Then you can either watch 'em on the monitor or burn 'em to a DVD.

Smalltater: Watch one episode of "Rescue Me" and I'm betting you'll watch all that you've missed.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I was waiting for Sxy to start the topic this week, haha.

I thought last week's was way better, but this one continued everything. Lou's downfall sucks. BTW, did the owner of the bar Chief Riley was applying for a job at look like the same guy Proby was cuddling up to?

Oh, and it was so obvious with Proby. He showed more gay tendencies than straight as it went on. But if his cuddle buddy is the same guy that works at the bar, that'll get reallllly interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted