1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Request from a TV screenwriter re: high school football and recruiting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by friend of the friendless, Sep 20, 2012.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

A friend of mine who is a television writer and producer here in Toronto is trying to develop a drama series about the family of a high-profile high-school football phenom. I told him there was a wealth of knowledge among sj-ers. If you wouldn't mind talking to him for 15 or 20 minutes about recruiting--the real basics--he'd appreciate it deeply and would acknowledge your help, I'm sure. He has a track record. This series won a bunch of awards, was picked up by PBS and came up with a name that A Sorkin thought was catchy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Newsroom_(Canadian_TV_series)

He can be reached at this email: ken.finkleman@gmail.com.

Thanks,

YHS, etc

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'll just weigh in here because I've always been a fan of Finkelman. His CBC show "The Newsroom" was flat out brilliant.

I'd really encourage sj'ers to talk to him

And FOF also probably remembers Ken's brother's Danny's CBC radio programme "Finkelman's 45's" which ran Saturday nights from the early to late 70's. The music he chose from the 50's to the early 70's was overshadowed by his brilliant and often acerbic commentary.

Draft saved Draft deleted