1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Request for Assistance....

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by JosephC.Myers, Nov 20, 2014.

1. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Good morning, everybody. As most of y'all know, I'm in the Army and based out of Fort Benning, Ga. (Columbus).
    Well, after 3-plus years here in Columbus, I've gotten PCS orders, meaning I'm moving, and my new duty station will be Fort Leavenworth, Kan. (no prison jokes, please; that being said I'm likely to be working there).
    Here's my question. What newspapers are in that area that I might be able to freelance for? I found The Leavenworth Times and it looks like the Kansas City Star is relatively close by (25 miles-ish?), but are there are any other papers I'm missing out on in that area?
    Any help you can give me on the lay of the land out there would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the assistance....

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Looks like you're fairly close to Lawrence as well.

3. slc10

slc10 Member

Good luck in Kansas Joseph.

Draft saved Draft deleted